Bullet points on my professional life:
A museologist at Congress of Brazil‘s Preservation Department;
Museums consultant and producer since 2013;
#MuseumWeek coordinator for Brazil;
Teaches Social Media Strategies for Museums at MBA Gestão de Museus (Universidade Cândido Mendes) in Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo;
Created the first Brazilian museum website (Museu da República, 1996); the Museu Histórico da Cidade do Rio de Janeiro‘s website (Historic City Museum) and the app Sao Cristóvão Cultural, about the house-museum Casa da Marquesa de Santos;
Together with a partner, brought to Brazil the American initiative #DrinkingaboutMuseums (8 editions in Rio de Janeiro, Minas Gerais, Florianópolis, São Paulo and Brasília) and the British initiative Museums Showoff: Rio (6 editions in Rio).
Main areas of interest: collections interpretation, digital projects and the social role of museums in contemporary societies. Always interested in developing partnerships between Brazilian museums and institutions abroad.
Graduate degree in Museology (UNIRIO), post-graduate degree in Conservation of Works of Art (UIA, Italy) and in Management and Preservation of Scientific Collections (Fundação Oswaldo Cruz – Fiocruz), as well as an MBA in Business Administration (UFRJ);
- Consultant and producer for the project Exchange of Method, an arts/mental health initiative by Scottish Collective Gallery and Artlink;
- Director of Casa da Marquesa de Santos in Rio de Janeiro, responsible for the museum’s Master Plan (historic house museum/fashion museum);
- Museums consultant for COC/Fiocruz in a project for the requalification of historical and architectural heritage;
- Coordinated the volunteers for the 23rd ICOM Gerenal Conference in Rio de Janeiro;
- Technical advisor at the Museu da República (Museum of the Republic);
- Arts and Exchanges Coordinator for the British Council in Rio;
- Communications & Project coordinator of web content companies for 15 years, for clients such as Brazilian Academy of Science, IBGE (Brazilian Institute for Geography and Statistics) and America Online Brazil.